This jalapeno ranch dressing is cool, creamy, and vibrant thanks to a handful of fresh herbs and spicy jalapeño peppers. Throw everything in a blender for a flavor-packed salad dressing that’s ready in minutes.
Our recipe starts with a classic, creamy ranch base and it gets the fun twist of fresh cilantro and jalapeños. Let's be honest here... adding a chile pepper to ranch might be the only way to make it even more perfect than it already is.
For spice lovers or anyone craving a summer flair to their salads, you won't be able to get enough. And to fully elevate it from the bottled store-bought stuff, we use fresh herbs in place of dried along with the perfect blend of sour cream, buttermilk and real mayonnaise. The combination is a creamy, vibrant dressing that's packed with freshness and flavor.
I love to use this dressing with basically everything: from a simple crudité platter and grilled chicken pitas, to all different types of salads, wraps and homemade pizza.
Keep reading for more ideas on how to use this jalapeño ranch!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
jalapeno ranch ingredients:
- sour cream
- apple cider
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- kosher salt
- black pepper
how to make jalapeno ranch dressing:
- Roughly chop jalapeño and fresh herbs.
- Combine everything in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in more buttermilk to thin to desired consistency.
delicious ways to use this spicy ranch dressing:
- Mixed into a chicken, tuna or egg salad
- Chopped salads
- Quinoa salads
- Grilled chicken pitas or wraps
- Dip for crudites
- Dip for crispy chicken wings or drizzled on a spicy fried chicken sandwich
- Drizzled on a tostada or taco salad
- Dressing for pasta salad
- Turkey ranch wraps with avocado, bacon and lettuce
- Mixed into the filling for deviled eggs
- Dip for your favorite quesadilla or drizzled on nachos
- Drizzled over crispy smashed potatoes
make this jalapeño ranch recipe your own!
- For a spicier ranch, substitute serrano peppers in place of the jalapeños.
- For a thicker ranch dipper sauce, omit the buttermilk when blending. Stir it in at the end, a splash at a time, until it reaches your desired consistency.
- For dried herbs, use ½ teaspoon each in place of the fresh herbs.
- To make a healthy : use low-fat mayonnaise and sour cream, or substitute plain Greek yogurt in for the sour cream
more salad dressings:
fresh summer salads to try:Print
jalapeno ranch dressing
This jalapeño ranch dressing is cool, creamy, and vibrant thanks to a handful of fresh herbs and spicy jalapeño peppers. Throw everything in a blender for a flavor-packed salad dressing that’s ready in minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 ¾ cups
- Category: Dressing
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp buttermilk, plus more as needed to thin
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- 2 tbsp minced fresh dill
- 1 tbsp minced fresh chives
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, vinegar, jalapeno, cilantro, parsley, dill, chives, onion powder, garlic powder, ½ teaspoon kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth and creamy, 1- 2 minutes. Stir in more buttermilk a tablespoon at a time, if needed, to thin to a pourable consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 72
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Sodium: 57mg
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.3g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 0.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 8.2mg
Keywords: jalapeno ranch dressing