This cucumber mint margarita is cool, refreshing, and, like any good margarita: perfectly sweet, tart, and strong. I just love the combination of cool cucumber and earthy tequila. Add a salt rim and spicy salsa, and what more could you need?
There are a lot of fun ways to modify this recipe that I share below. Make it spicy with muddled jalapeños, blend it up for a frozen slushy marg that is just SO good on a hot summer day, or batch it in a big pitcher and pull it out of the fridge when your friends come over.
This cocktail is simple, elegant and so memorable. I hope you make it today!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
cucumber margarita ingredients:
- blanco tequila
- simple syrup
- kosher salt
how to make a cucumber margarita
- Rim the glass with salt and fill with ice
- Muddle cucumber, mint and simple syrup in a shaker
- Add tequila, lime juice and Cointreau
- Fill with ice and shake until cold
- Strain twice to remove any bits of mint or cucumber, ending the final strain in the prepped glass
make it your own:
- Muddle in chunks of watermelon
- Make it spicy: muddle some sliced jalapeños
- Swap the mint for cilantro or basil
- Muddle in a few extra-ripe strawberries for a fruity berry note
salt rim variations:
- Spicy rim: mix 2 tsp chili powder with 3 tbsp kosher salt
- Tajin rim (tangy, salty, and spicy!): fill your dish with straight Tajin and rim as usual
- Salt and pepper rim: mix ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper with 3 tbsp kosher salt
- Sugared mint rim: Grind up 4 chopped mint sprigs and 2 tbsp turbinao sugar in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle until finely ground. Stir in 2 more tbsp turbinado sugar and rim as usual.
make this a frozen cucumber margarita (serves 4):
- ½ cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 8 fresh mint sprigs
- 4 oz (½ cup) simple syrup
- 6 oz (¾ cup) 100% blue agave blanco tequila
- 4 oz (½ cup) fresh lime juice
- 4 oz (½ cup) Cointreau
- 4 cups ice, plus more as needed
Add cucumber, mint and simple syrup to a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth. Add the tequila, lime juice, Cointreau and ice. Blend on high until mixture is a slushy consistency. Add more ice, if needed. Pour in glasses with a salted rim and enjoy!
make a cucumber margarita pitcher (serves 8):
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 16 fresh mint sprigs
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1 ½ cups 100% blue agave blanco tequila
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup Cointreau
Muddle the cucumber, mint and simple syrup in the bottom of a pitcher. Add tequila, lime juice and Cointreau and stir to combine. Chill at least 30 minutes in the fridge. Fill with ice and serve.
more tequila cocktails:
what to serve with this cucumber margarita:Print
cucumber mint margarita
This cucumber margarita is cool, refreshing, and, like any good margarita: perfectly sweet, tart, and strong. Make it frozen or as a pitcher!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 lime wedge
- kosher salt
- 2-inch piece of cucumber, chopped
- 2 fresh mint sprigs
- 1 oz simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water combined, boiled to dissolve sugar, and cooled)
- 1 ½ oz 100% blue agave blanco tequila
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 6 to 10 ice cubes
- Cut a small notch in the center of the lime wedge. Run the notch around the edge of the margarita glass to moisten. Fill a plate with coarse salt, turn the glass on its side, and roll in the salt to coat the outside edge. Fill with ice and set aside.
- Muddle the cucumber, mint sprigs and simple syrup in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add the tequila, lime juice, Cointreau and ice. Cover and shake until frothy, cold, and tiny ice crystals will appear in the drink, about 15 seconds.
- Double strain into the prepared glass and serve immediately.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 1.6mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: cucumber margarita